Health news

Do you neglect your gums? 6 Reasons to Take Care of Your Oral Hygiene One of them is important for pregnant women

Do you neglect your gums? 6 Reasons to Take Care of Your Oral Hygiene One of them is important for pregnant women

Do you neglect your gums? 6 Reasons to Take Care of Your Oral Hygiene One of them is important for pregnant women

There’s advice we’ve known since childhood: “Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time.” But traditional brushing, although an important part of protecting your dental health; Unfortunately, it is not enough.

The brush can only reach 60% of the surface of the teeth; Which leaves food residues, which accumulate, which may lead to gum disease, and to ensure that you do not neglect up to the remaining 40% of your teeth, it is necessary to use an interdental brush every day to clean those areas that are difficult to reach, and in this report we offer you 6 reasons Interesting in cleaning your mouth.

1- Reducing the incidence of diseases

Poor oral hygiene is the most common cause of gum disease, a condition that can lead to red, swollen and bleeding gums when you brush your teeth, and which 8 in 10 of those over 35 suffer from some form.

Although this is widely known, less than half of people are aware that gum disease can increase the risk of developing a range of other diseases including diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, and even dementia.

Therefore, you should consider taking care of your teeth and gums as an essential part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle just like exercising and eating a healthy diet.

2- For a more beautiful smile

There’s a reason why a dazzling smile is so sought after, it boosts self-confidence, which can improve your mood as much as your appearance.

Fortunately, a bright smile does not need to spend thousands on complex procedures, as it is often as simple as taking care of your teeth and gums, and by following a comprehensive cleaning routine, your teeth are less likely to develop decay or discoloration.

3- Avoid bad breath

Your mouth contains bacteria that break down proteins from food debris, saliva and plaque, and in the process release gases that give off a foul odor.

This means that you must maintain good oral hygiene to avoid bacteria buildup in all parts of your mouth. To keep your breath smelling fresh.

And don’t forget to clean your tongue, using a tongue cleaner.

4- Preserving teeth even with age

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR TEETH While tooth loss used to be seen as an inevitable part of aging, it certainly doesn’t have to be.

Keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy can help you avoid severe tooth decay and gum infections, two of the most common causes of tooth loss.

Also, remember to visit your dentist regularly so that you can catch any problems as early as possible.

5-Save money in the long run

Anyone who has had major surgery at the dentist knows that it can be very expensive.

Fortunately, by taking care of your teeth and gums daily, you can avoid many common problems that can lead to significant costs in the future.

6- Avoid dental problems during pregnancy

Due to hormonal changes, many pregnant women suffer from gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease that causes irritation, redness, and swelling.

Pregnant women with gum disease can avoid worsening their condition by maintaining good oral health. This may also have a positive effect on pregnancy, especially in women who know they are at risk of preterm labor.

Previous post
With 66% .. “Chrome” achieves the first place among the most popular browsers
Next post
Finding stone axes from nature during a trip to the heart of Arabia

Leave a Reply